Friday, December 2, 2011

Simple Christmas Cookies

I had a great start to December with a book club meeting at my house (we read A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens). So of course, I had to make cookies. Here are a few shots of a sampling of the cookies I made for the event.


The star-shaped cookies with sprinkles were super easy! After allowing the flood layer to dry overnight, I piped the shape in fresh icing, then coated with sprinkles and tapped off the excess. I used large round sprinkles for the red detail.

These snowflake cookies were simple, too, and they were done in one decorating session! After I piped on the design, I coated them with granulated white sugar for a sparkly effect.

The cookies in the back of the plate are a Martha Stewart recipe, called "Glitter Ball Cookies." They don't very closely match up with her picture, but they tasted good at least! The filling is made with ginger, honey, and of course butter and sugar.

No comments: